Scripture: Title 3, Chapter 5, The Sermon of the Apple Seed
(with thanks to Glenn King)
The Filianic Scriptures, New Celestial Union
Version (Second Edition, Third Update)
Title 3, Chapter 5
Filianic Texts, or the collected sayings of the Daughter of Thea
Teachings of Di-Jana
The Sermon of the Apple Seed
In my opinion teaches us this:
And it is interesting that against this wisdom of the world, this worldliness, She sets child-like way. But rather than being full of independence (Independence is such a watch-word of modern society), instead of being independent we should be children who look to Our Mother to sustain us, and feed us, and show us what to do from day to day, so that we are not wordly creatures, we are children of the Mother.
1. To love Dea.
2. To love all Her Creatures.
3. To love my true self.
4. To seek to make my every act a perfect gift to Her, and to offer to Her all my happiness and all my suffering.
5. To seek to bring all souls closer to Her.
The Sermon of the Apple Seed
1. From the branch of a tree Kore plucked an apple, and She split the apple in two halves, so that the five-pointed star formed by its seeds might be seen. 2. Then She removed the seed representing the topmost point, and held it in the palm of Her hand. And She spoke, saying:
3. “Like to this apple seed is all the teaching I have given and shall give to you. 4. Like to the full apple is all the knowledge relative to your sphere of being, 5. Like to all the other apples of the tree is the knowledge relative to all the numberless spheres.
6. But behind these spheres lies a deeper reality; changeless, beyond the impermanent flux of time. 7. For even as the apple turns from bud to bloom, from blossom to the fruit, ripens, matures, decays and is reborn; 8. so also shall the spheres and galaxies, the subtle realms, the sure and solid earth; so shall all these in their season pass away, and in their season be reborn again. 9. Thus has it been ten thousand times before, and countless times again, thus shall it be.
10. But knowledge of the truth beyond this flux is like to knowledge of the tree itself, which does not change while the fruit is born and dies. 11. Like to the spreading boughs is the love that sustains all creation which is fallen from pure Spirit. 12. Like to the trunk is that Spirit Herself, from whom all creation flows. 13. And still beneath the branches and the trunk lie the roots in darkness, like unto She that is beyond both being and unbeing; 14. and even as the tree’s roots are not seen, so can there be no knowledge of the Absolute; for to know is to have passed beyond knowledge.
15. And from this tree of all knowledge and of the boundaries beyond which knowledge cannot pass, I have given to you but the seed of one apple.
16. For I have come that you may have deliverance. 17. There are many questions concerning the nature of things and of being whose answers you may know, or partly know; and many whose answers lie beyond the understanding possible to you.
18. But I am not sent to discourse with you upon these matters, but to lead you to deliverance in perfection. 19. And all the knowledge that shall bring you to deliverance is contained within the seed of an apple.
20. Yet within the seed is the essence of the tree, and from the seed the whole tree may unfold.
21. So from essential truth unfolds all other knowledge as the music of the spheres unfolds from a single note.
22. Therefore when you think upon the questions of life, of time or of the spheres, contemplate first the seed of truth, and let your thoughts unfold from that seed. 23. Let the pure and single note of truth attune your soul. Then your mind shall rise up into soul, and soul breathe the breath of Spirit.
24. Do this, and your thoughts shall be in harmony with the universal music of eternity. 25. But let your thoughts grow from lower or from lesser or from merely accidental things, and they shall wax rank and dissonant; 26. For it cannot be that the tree of life shall grow from a nettle.
27. If her thoughts are bound to accidental thing, the soul cannot attain liberation. 28. Dissonant and jarring with eternal harmony, the little sphere is severed from the great.
29. Seek not for certainty in anything beyond the seed of truth. 30. That the sky is above you and the earth below; that you breathe and eat and move; to these and to many things must you give your assent that the life of the world may proceed. 31. Yet even of these there is no certainty, for the world is but a dream from which you must some day awaken.
32. Within the world you may be certain only of that truth which my Mother has given from beyond the world. 33. Therefore know well the sacred mythos and the words that I reveal to you, 34. and let your knowledge dwell not only on the surface, but go deep into the inner soul; and let this knowledge be the seed of all your knowing. 35. For the sacred word does not cry in the marketplace, but whispers in the heart of every soul that truth which she alone may understand.
36. It is not necessary that you should seek knowledge of the highest things outside the sacred mythos and My words. 37. For I have revealed to you all that is necessary that you should attain liberation; and what I have not revealed, that is not needed.
38. But if you shall discourse on that which is unnecessary, I give to you three words. Let you not become forgetful of them:
39. that there can be no certainty beyond the seed of truth, therefore you may speak of likelihood only;
40. that you shall let your speculation be in harmony with the seed of truth, for speculation that is dissonant does not give knowledge, but leads to the abyss of those that have rejected truth;
41. and you who have care of My children, do not let them become confounded by dissonant thought and work.
42. But beyond all else is this word: that the purpose of speculation is that mind and soul shall grow with the seed of truth, 43. and any discourse that leads away from inward love of truth; be that discourse high and pure, be it even harmonic, yet it is the spawn of kear, and you, My children, shall turn from it.
44 Yet do not be afraid, for the seed of truth shall be your guide and your protector and shall bring you deliverance.
45. And I give to you one word which shall conquer every danger. 46. That word is love, and the humility that flows from love. 47. Receive with love the seed of truth and all things shall be well.
Kear: A crack or flaw, the chasm or abyss that lies between Dea and each soul which opened when we chose to experience material manifestation.
Verses 1-3 The uppermost seed represents Spirit, Aethyr.
Kore/Jana (whichever name you give to immanent Dea) is teaching us about how the Spirit can be filtered through into the manifest planes, by the Illuminating Light of Dea. Verses 4-5
Verses 6-9 Is the great spiritual truth that Dea in Heaven is THE still centre which is limitless, unrestricted eternity. In exploration every one / thing moves away into the changing, decaying, dying to the manifest worlds existence. Existence on any plane of manifestation is not pure Life, as it is in space and time.
Verses 10-14 Read these insightful articles:
Part 1, the Canopy of Love
Part 2, The Trunk of Light
Part 3, The Roots of Life
Verses 20-27 Consider the Spirit / Perfection / Dea firstly and how the manifest relates to Her.
Verse 28 No thing, no one is an individual, axial beings contain the Spirit of our Celestial Mother and the Soul of our World Soul Daughter, we are divine, connected to our source, our Holy Mother Dea. Every thing and creature, bird, insect reflects Dea’s Holy Qualities. Life in the manifest planes is a choice between moving away from or towards Dea.
Verses 29-31 Life as an illusion is a re occuring theme of Filianic Scripture. Read this article with Scriptural comments.
to be continued/modified
In the Islamic tradition, this is known as the Greater Jihad (not to be confused with the Lesser Jihad, or Holy War, which is the more common understanding of the word’s meaning here in the West). The concept itself is not only limited to Islam, however, but is a universal call of action to people from all faith backgrounds.
According to Mr. John Heit:
Jihad is the effort to purify oneself from within, to purify oneself of selfish appetites–the intention behind the action is important to the action itself…The greater jihad is further divided into three types of struggle:
1) Jihad of the Heart ( the struggle for moral reformation and faith)
2) Jihad of the Tongue (the struggle to proclaim God’s word abroad; right speech)
3) Jihad of the Hand (doing good works in accord with the will of God)