I would like to take a moment to explain the recent changes in the Silver Star of the Waters prayer. This prayer is very basic to our Faith. It is to the Janite Deanic religion, what the Our Father is to Christianity. It is our most sacred prayer.
The original prayer:
Silver Star of the Waters, that have laughed all the world into being, beyond all knowing is the splendour of Your Light. Enfold my spirit in Your Mighty Hand, that the Pure Stream of Your Force may flow within me, in this world and in all the worlds to come.
Silver Star of the Waters, that have laughed all the world into being: this verse comes directly from scripture, from the Mythos of Creation. And yes, we believe that Dea created the Cosmos through Pure Joy, from the laughter of Her Heart. But further, The Janites and the LLC teach that Dea created the Cosmos through the Divine Song or the Oran Mor, which means the Divine Song of Creation . And so, laughed would also rightly be sung. However, we chose fashioned for the prayer to indicate that Dea not only sung creation into being, She designed it using the cunning of Her hands which gave shape to each fragment. 5) and Her hands knew cunning. 6) And She stretched forth Her hands and gave a shape to each fragment and no one was like any other. (The Mythos of Creation, Chapter I verses 4-6).
While Mighty Hand certainly expresses the Power and Might of Dea, Her Mantle of Protection is a much more potent, feminine and significant form of imagery taken from within both our scriptures and our Faith.
1) You, that are weary with the world, you that are lonely, you that have suffered hardship, that have suffered hurt, come, gather about Me and be you enfolded in My Mantle.
2) In the inner silence you shall hear Me and in the inner darkness, shall you see Me.
3) And the future shall be better than the past.
4) Come, seek protection in My mantle, for I have turned no creature from Me; be you sheltered in the folds of My garment.
5) For the ills of the world shall pass away, even as the terrors of the night.
6) And the dawn shall be bright with splendour and sweet with the singing of blessed souls.
7) And I shall by your comfort in the darkness. ( The Mantle, verses 1-7).
And finally, while the Pure Stream of Force means Energy or Grace, for some, it seemed to convey coercion or compulsion. For the Divine Feminine religion, Grace is a beautiful translation for Streams of Force or Divine Energy.
And so we have our final form:
Silver Star of the Waters, Who has fashioned all the world into being, beyond all knowing is the Splendour of Your Light. Enfold my spirit, within your Mighty Mantle and may the Pure Stream of Your Grace flow within me, in this world and in all the worlds to come. Blessed is She.
ArchMadria Pamela Lanides
Note: This prayer is the first one that I learnt and loved as a Madrian. It is wonderful to have a relevant version to my Janite Deanic Faith now.